Air Canada expands AliPay and WeChat Pay options to aircanada.com bookings in Canada, the USA and Hong Kong.
Air Canada announced that Alipay and WeChat Pay as payment choices are now available when booking on the carrier's North American and Hong Kong websites. Air Canada is the first Canadian airline and is amongst the first North American carriers to offer these secure payment options in North America.
Air Canada processes alternative and local payment methods via a single gateway. This makes it easy for the airline to expand, adding new payment methods as needed without requiring individual contracts, or additional development work. Air Canada's customers are able to transact locally on aircanada.com using iDeal in the Netherlands, Sofort and Giropay in Germany, Bancontact in Belgium, Poli in Australia, Alipay plus WeChat Pay in China, Canada, the USA and Hong Kong.
- NEW! Seasonal flights to New Zealand
- "Smart bags" onboard Air Canada flights
- Air Canada enhanced check-in process
- ADM Aéroports de Montréal unveils new brand platform
- WestJet - Buy Business, get Gold
- Air Canada Introduces Maple Leaf Lounge Express
- More value for your Aeroplan Miles
- Air Canada updates schedule through July in response to ongoing grounding of Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft
- Tips for Traveling with Your Boss
- WestJet updates penalty and service fees